“The smallest feline is a masterpiece.”
Leonardo da Vinci
Among the wonderful works of the Italian genius Leonardo Da Vinci, this phrase delights us. We present it here for everyone to reflect on this very special day, which was created coincidentally in Italy to help a campaign against the mistreatment of cats and today it continues worldwide to promote the adoption of cats.
And why are cats such a masterpiece, to the point of inspiring Da Vinci?
- They are elegant when parading around;
- They have a mesmerizing and striking look to the point of changing it in an instant according to their feelings;
- Their gentle rhythmic purring and their meows are sounds unique to them and as in tune as works by Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi or Bach;
- They are vain and that is why they are always beautiful and smell nice;
- They are mysterious, challenging us to uncover their world;
- They are so engaging that they always get what they want from us;
- They are oh so beautiful, obviously the result of hours of sleep;
- They adorn any environment, and make us foolishly admire their exhibited beauty, even more so than a painting by Van Gogh;
- They are unique, each with their own personality, which can be expressionist, abstract, gothic, impressionist or a little bit of each one mixed together.
So, love your special little masterpiece! And let's try to help the many cats in need, since we can all do our part.